Want to knit your first sweater? This is the perfect class for you! This raglan sleeve pullover is knit in the round from the neck down.
You can choose to knit a basic pullover or one with a cable panel in the front.
In this comprehensive four-session course you will learn:
- How to use stitch markers
- Increasing stitches to create raglan shaping
- Cable knitting (optional)
- Parking sleeve stitches, and working them again later
- Provisional cast on
- Picking up stitches at the underarm
- Knitting sleeves in the round on two circular needles
- Sleeve shaping
- Finishing techniques and lots of tips that will make sweater knitting a truly enjoyable experience
During weekly class sessions, everyone will work on a Child's Size 4 sweater to allow you to focus on all the techniques. After class or between classes, you can select yarn, make a gauge swatch, and Brenda will draft a similar-style Adult Size pattern for you, based on your personal measurements.
Skill Level: Beginner with Basic Skills|
Skills Required: Cast on, knit, purl, and experience knitting in the round
- Sunday, January 12, 19, 26, and February 2, 11:00am - 1:00pm
- Saturday, February 8, 15, 22, and 29, 10:30am - 12:30pm
Instructor: Brenda Brayfield
Materials: You will receive a supply list after your placement is confirmed. Yarn must be purchased from Crafty Fibre.
Please note: All classes are refundable to store credit only until 3 days before the first class date. Within 3 days, all classes are considered final sale and no refunds will be offered. Please be sure of your schedule before signing up for a class. All knitting classes are age 16 and up. Sorry, no exceptions.
People with fragrance sensitivities work here. Please refrain from wearing any perfumes when you come to class.